Start just above the knee, progress upwards to the base of the glutes. Find the tight/tender points and perform active knee flexion and extension 5 reps per area. Focus on 4-5 different regions of the hamstring.
Perform 2-3 min total per leg, focusing on bending and extending the knee over trigger points. Address the medial, lateral, and middle quads
This exercise focuses on opening up the knee joint for anyone who has pain or tightness in the knee. Perform 60-90". Use a small rolled up towel to increase the stretch.
This stretch targets the hamstrings. Start by having fingers under toes and extend knees as far as possible for 5 seconds then rest 5 seconds. Repeat for 60"-90"
Banded Hamstring stretch. This stretch targets the mid-belly of the hamstring, and for those of you who are tight, this stretch should be uncomfortable when performed correctly. Goal is 60-90 seconds
Excellent stretch for the Hamstrings and posterior chain. Goal is to get knee as close to extended as possible. Perform 10x5" holds.
1) roll up a towel behind the knee 2) gently sit back onto heels
Great alternative to the pistol squat. Use a box that you can perform 8-10 good reps. Keep knee from moving side to side, slide toe up and down box without using it to push off the ground at the bottom of the squat. Perform 3x8-10 reps.
Excellent exercise at activating the glutes for a proper squat. Perform 3x10 reps, 3 seconds down, 3 seconds up. Add a KB to increase resistance.
1) Place resistance band around the weight bearing knee 2) slide opposite toe up the box 3) Lock knee out at the top 4) slowly control the descent
1) Hold two KB's in the front rack position 2) keep torso upright 3) don't let front knee "drop in"
One of my favorite warm up exercises. Start in partial squat, head and chest up, take large step out lead leg, small step in trailing leg. Avoid dragging the trail leg. Perform 2x20' Side to Side and forwards/backwards
With band around outside of lateral knee, lunge backwards without letting the knee drop in. Maintain upright posture
1) With band around outside of lateral knee 2) bring opposite hand to opposite foot while keeping flat back and soft knee bend
Focus on full range of motion Front knee moving straight up and down
1) Keep KB tight against chest 2) keep torso upright 3) don't let front knee "drop in"